[ mailman-Feature Requests-1387243 ] option to discard messages that lack explicit destination

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 21 17:32:07 CET 2005

Feature Requests item #1387243, was opened at 2005-12-21 08:01
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1387243&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The configurable variable require_explicit_destination
is a boolean that selects whether to hold a message for
moderation if neither the list address nor any aliases
appear in the To: or Cc: headers.  On certain lists I
manage, a lot of spam is sent to the lists via BCC:.
Setting this variable keeps this spam off the list,
which is great, but I spend a lot of time discarding
the spam.  I can't simply discard all messages held for
moderation, because there are occasional legitimate
messages held for another reason that I want to accept.
 So I have to trawl through it all.

Therefore, please make the require_explicit_destination
setting offer the familiar choices of allow, hold,
reject, and discard.  I'd be happy if you added just
"discard" without adding "reject", but the full four
choices would be consistent with the rest of Mailman.
This will save me a lot of time, and I would think many
other users are in the same situation.