[ mailman-Feature Requests-1387349 ] clarify when regexps are case-sensitive

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 21 18:38:21 CET 2005

Feature Requests item #1387349, was opened at 2005-12-21 12:38
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1387349&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
There are numerous bug reports about case sensitivity
in various parts of Mailman.  Here I request general
clarification/documentation in the web admin's
interface of case sensitivity for the regexp variables
accessible via the administrative interface
(header_filter_rules, etc.).  If all regexps are
treated the same, let's please have the default
explained in a good place (even if it's just to say
that Python defaults apply).  When individual variables
differ from the default, the details should be there in
the variable's documentation.  Example:  as I consider
how to set up my privacy filters (header_filter_rules,
etc.) I realize I will have to experiment to see
whether I need to deal with upper/lowercase issues in
my regexp values, because I can find no explanation of
how Mailman deals with case.