[ mailman-Bugs-1122131 ] Can't configure Reply-To: to include Poster *and* List

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 21 01:43:58 CET 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tkikuchi
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1122131&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Regarding Mailman 2.1.5, in use at MIT CSAIL.

I administer a class, and a mailing list "help" to which
students in the class can email problem reports.  The
reports go to the course staff.  I would like Mailman
to provide the default behavior that the staff's replies
go to the list (so the rest of the staff sees them) *and*
to the student (so that the student sees the solution!).

Yet Mailman does not seem to be able to support this
behavior.  My choices are to set reply-to to Poster or
to List.  If I set to Poster, then the default Reply
behavior excludes the List.  If I set to List, then neither
Reply or Reply-All includes the original Poster (i.e., the
student).

I submit that Mailman should support a third option:

thanks,

seth teller.