[ mailman-Bugs-1104433 ] Configurable per-user/per-subscription subject prefix

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 18 13:44:43 CET 2005

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1104433&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing

Initial Comment:
I've had a request from a list member who would like us
to add a subject prefix to all the lists on our server
(mail.gnome.org), as his mail client can't do any kind
of automatic filtering. We are obviously reluctant to
change the status quo, as many people (e.g. PDA/mobile
users) would then respond asking us to remove them.

Instead, I decided to file this feature request to make
it (per-subscription) configurable. It would have one
of three possible values; use the default list setting,
override on or override off. This would allow users to
please themselves, and in some cases overcome problems
caused by limitations in their mailclient.