[ mailman-Feature Requests-849711 ] Challenge/Response for held postings

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 24 01:24:10 CET 2005

Feature Requests item #849711, was opened at 2003-11-26 10:33
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by shi_bmz
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=849711&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
With moderated or member-only lists the lists get a
multitude of spam which the admin has to discard
manually (Listserv does this automagically).

Mailman could discard most of the spam automatically if
it would implement a challenge/response for all
messages hold for moderator approval: Mail the sender
(usually forged) and  ask them to confirm the message
(by mail or www). If the message isn't confirmed after
24h, drop it silently and don't bother the admin.

Comment By: Shi Sherebrin (shi_bmz)