[ mailman-Bugs-1108814 ] convert_html_to_plaintext strips text from hotmail

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 28 16:03:10 CET 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by shub
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1108814&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Mailman version 2.1.5 installed on FreeBSD at pair
Networks.

I use the web configuration of mailman. It is set up
with convert_html_to_plaintext enabled.

Recent email via Hotmail has been coming in with no
body, even though the original email has text. The text
is present, and although ugly, the code looks average
for HTML mail.

The actual original email content (without headers) is
pasted below. No text is passed through Mailman.

You can see this archive at
 http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/
and the result in this message:
 http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2005-January/012347.html

Any advice is appreciated if this is not a bug.

<P>OK, this is the hotmail
test.<BR>_Glen<BR><BR></P></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;OK, the next message from me will come
from hotmail, as a
test.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-Glen
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Well, the thing to do is, now that
we've got a
clue, go back to the
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; original email agent and make a
couple of test
posts, &amp; we'll see
<DIV></DIV>&gt;who
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; gets what now that we know to look
for it.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; -- John.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;Brought to you by the 6809,
the 6803 and their
cousins!
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;Yahoo! Groups Links
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; --
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Cheers, Gene
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; "There are four boxes to be used
in defense of
liberty:
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;soap, ballot, jury, and
ammo. Please use
in that order."
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 99.32% setiathome rank, not too
shabby for a WV
hillbilly
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Yahoo.com attorneys please note,
additions to this
message
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; by Gene Heskett are:
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Copyright 2005 by Maurice Eugene
Heskett, all
rights reserved.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and
their cousins!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Yahoo! Groups Links
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&lt;*&gt; To visit your group on the
web, go to:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&lt;*&gt; To unsubscribe from this
group, send an email
ColorComputer-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&lt;*&gt; Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
<DIV></DIV>&gt;