[ mailman-Bugs-1059637 ] Leave choice on obfuscation method to sysadmin

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 18 12:15:51 CEST 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by khali
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1059637&group_id=103

Category: Pipermail

Initial Comment:
As far as I know, currently the way pipermail
obfuscates email addresses is hardcoded to "user at
domain.com". This is really easy to harvest.

It may be a better idea to leave the method of
obfuscation to the mailman (sys)admin (not list admin).
This will result in increased diversity of obfuscation
methods on the several pipermail setups and thus to
decreased harvesting.

Comment By: Jean Delvare (khali)