[ mailman-Bugs-1155029 ] user part of domain names case-folded for bounces

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 2 13:21:26 CET 2005

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1155029&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery

Initial Comment:
Problem:

As a non-subscriber, if you email a subscription-only
list from XYZ at foo.com, the bounce that it is either in
a queue or rejected comes back to xyz at foo.com.

Comments:

I am not familiar with the Mailman code. I am not sure
if there is a simple fix. At really first glace
Utils.py has some probably incorrect code in the
ParseEmail function. I am not sure if this is the
cause, and if so, if it has any side-effects by
changing it. I know Mailman internally stores the user
part as lower case, but for mail delivery purposes it
should retain the case.

The function (in 2.1.6b4) I am guessing should probably
look more like this:

def ParseEmail(email):
    user = None
    domain = None