[ mailman-Bugs-1161557 ] News-to-mail gateway

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 14 12:27:25 CET 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by shub
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1161557&group_id=103

Category: nntp/news
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I have installed a news server, but one of the developers
works in a company with very strict internet policy (only
emails, no HTTP or NNTP or anything else ), so I have
set up a mailing list for each news group and configured
them to synchronise with the news groups through mail-
to-news gateway settings in GNU mailman. The problem
is I don't know how often the mail-to-news and news-to-
mail sync occurs. I have sent a message to one of the
news group a hour ago and it didn't showed up on mailing
list yet. Can this time be adjusted ? Because if
the sync time is too big the discussions would not be
possible.

Thanks in advance,
Puiu Hrenciuc.

P.S.: I use the GNU mailman from the sf.net site,
my project is hosted here ( xentra )

Comment By: Brad Knowles (shub)