[ mailman-Bugs-1194785 ] blank line in headers

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed May 4 00:05:41 CEST 2005

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1194785&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery

Initial Comment:
Dear developers I run a mailing list service based on
mailman 2.1.1 on a SuSE 8.2 server with Postfix 2.0.6
MTA. My problem is the following I recive mail from a
domain using the "DomainKey-Signature", such an header
arrive to the mailman system as the following:

d=cern.ch; q=dns;
h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;
b=ap9ypxUfn6e32TCJ/pzBfoTZ5ORy0zIwbdYWApI8LHnxDwswnm5SrK77e5RilnCoD9BPqyUmPOVHgMfcujcobtn1O6+OC2gBAY0EflYTfPB2PcnVcigFhhFDFG/tLshr;

when the mailman delivers the message to the list
addresses such an header is broken and i got a blank
line in it as you can see in the following example:

d=cern.ch; q=dns;
h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;

b=ap9ypxUfn6e32TCJ/pzBfoTZ5ORy0zIwbdYWApI8LHnxDwswnm5SrK77e5RilnCoD9BPqyUmPOVHgMfcujcobtn1O6+OC2gBAY0EflYTfPB2PcnVcigFhhFDFG/tLshr;

Such blank line produce corrupted e-mail for the users
who has an account on CERN exchange mail server.

Any idea of why mailman produce such a blank line in
that kind of header??

Many thanks, Enrico Mazzoni.