[ mailman-Bugs-1345599 ] Unsubscribed users continue to receive reminders

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 3 05:39:13 CET 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by swelljoe
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1345599&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing

Initial Comment:
I have two machines, one running 2.1.6 (with no
patches, as provided by list.org) and another running
2.1.5 (as provided by Fedora Core 4), and both exhibit
a very annoying problem when password reminders are
enabled.  Users who have successfully unsubscribed
continue to receive reminders...possibly forever, but
at least two monthly reminder cycles is confirmed.  I
don't know if it always happens, but on a system with
about 1000 subscribers across all lists, I get about
two or three complaints about this every month, so it
seems likely.

A search for the user in the membership management list
confirms they do not exist as a subscriber.  grepping
for the address in the Mailman directories turns up the
address twice in the lists/list-name/config.db file.