[ mailman-Patches-1347962 ] Sibling list: avoid duplicate mail

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 18 03:24:20 CET 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tkikuchi
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1347962&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: Mailman 2.2 / 3.0

Initial Comment:
This patch enables to avoid sending duplicate mail if
other list address is specified in to: or cc: header.

- Sibling lists are other mailing lists on this site
whose members are excluded from regular delivery if
those list addresses appear in To: or Cc: header.

- The list addresses should be witten in full mail
address format (e.g. mailman at example.com).  Do not
specify the list address mutually in the sibling list
configuration page or those doubled members won't get
message.

TBD:

- Is the terminology 'sibling' appropriate?

- Need more comments in the processing code
(CalcRecips.py).