[ mailman-Bugs-1363422 ] Valid E-mails Rejected as Invalid

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 22 06:26:00 CET 2005

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1363422&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing

Initial Comment:
I ran into a problem recently with sync_members.  I was
attempting to add a list of addresses that included
"---tim--- at krellis.org", but this address was rejected:

bin/sync_members -a=no -f
/usr/local/mailinglists/lists/system-status.txt
system-status
Invalid :               ---tim--- at krellis.org
You must fix the preceding invalid addresses first.

While this is an ODD address, it is perfectly legal,
per section 3.4 of RFC 2822
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html).  Rejecting a
valid address like this seems like a pretty major
problem to me.

This was with MailMan 2.1.6 on FreeBSD 4.  If there is
any more information I can provide, please let me know.

Regards,
Tim Wilde