[ mailman-Bugs-736559 ] Subject wrap with tab character

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 27 02:55:43 CEST 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tkikuchi
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=736559&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Mailman: 2.1.2

The subject line is wrapped by a tab character, if the line
contains more than 78 characters. In this case a space is
replaced by an tab character.

This behaviour gives trouble with some e-mail client and
is also not handled by MHonArc correctly.

In an e-mail client a long space is shown or a special
character. MHonArc simply removes the tab character
therefore two words are combined, e.g. the tab is
inserted between the two word "and" and "delivery"; in
the archive the subject contains the new word
"anddelivery"