[ mailman-Patches-1293919 ] Streamlined mail approval interface

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 17 18:58:54 CEST 2005

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1293919&group_id=103

Category: list administration
Group: None

Initial Comment:
(Brad asked that I submit this.)

I manage 10-15 mailing lists and needed a more efficient way
to plow through mail held for review.  Attached is the Python
script I wrote (mmfold.py).  It presents the messages one
per line, just the subjects, and makes the default action "discard".
(I wrote this around the same time, but somewhat before, the
"discard defers" checkbox was added to Mailman.)

I drive it with a simple shell function:

function mmcheck {
    for url in         http://mail.python.org/mailman/admindb/python-mode         http://mail.python.org/mailman/admindb/pydotorg         http://mail.python.org/mailman/admindb/python-dev
    do
        python ~/tmp/mmfold.py $url
    done
}

and execute the front-end script a couple times a week.

Use it in good health.