[ mailman-Bugs-1462479 ] mailman 2.1.7 not on ftp.gnu.org

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 2 03:07:35 CEST 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kberry
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1462479&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI

Initial Comment:
the web page on list.org says that the current version
of mailman is downloadable from GNU, but ftp.gnu.org
doesn't actually have 2.1.7 (or 2.1.6).

>From the lack of .sig files in ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman,
I surmise your gpg keys may never have gotten
registered by sysadmin to enable ftp uploads.  here's
the bit from maintain.texi about that procedure in case
it helps:
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Automated-FTP-Uploads.html

Best,
Karl

Date: 2006-04-02 01:07

Hi Barry,

The only way to check is to try an upload and see if it
works.  Since you were registered once, I know of no reason
why you would have been de-registered.

If it fails, I guess you should mail ftp-upload at gnu.org with
the info from maintain.texi (which translates to GNU
sysadmin).  Ditto for getting Tokio registered.

Regards,

Comment By: Barry A. Warsaw (bwarsaw)
Date: 2006-04-02 00:55

At one point, my GPG key was definitely registered since
I've done uploads of mailman before.  I guess we should try
to get Tokio registered too so he can do file uploads (I'll
still have to do the ones to list.org)

Is there a way to check whether my key is registered, or may
have gotten lost?  Or should I just re-register them?

BTW, my pubkeys are always available at http://barry.warsaw.us