[ mailman-Bugs-1548312 ] cmd line works but website doesn't

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 29 06:22:02 CEST 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1548312&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I have performed a fresh install of FC5 with mailman
2.1.8 package on a second server.

I have made appropriate adjustments on my sendmail
configurations to accomodate mailman.

OK, now I copy the contents of the /var/mailman/
{data,lists,archive} on the old server to the location
/var/lib/mailman/... on the new server.

I configure a virtual host to host the mailman
interface portion.  Like the old server

All seems ok.

Sendmail redirection work GREAT.

Using the commandline /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_lists
confirms that there are (in my case) 9 lists.  GREAT.

However, I use the website interface URI:

and get the message that there are no lists out there.

Interesting as when (as the apache user), I execute:

/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo

I see the appropriate HTML output with all 9 websites.

Further, if I use the following on a group that I know
is ok:

http://www.xxx.com/mailman/admin/known-list

I get that the list is not present.

The check_perms program reports NO errors.

PROBLEM:  How do I get the website to work correctly
and display the lists and such as it should and did on
the old server.

HELP

Thanks....

Mike Parker