[ mailman-Bugs-1437581 ] Mailman Auto-unsubscribes Bad Addresses?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 24 01:36:29 CET 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1437581&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I haven't seen any settings for this, and I can only
describe it based on the information that I have. But
today I received bounce notices identically
timestamped for three separate email addresses in the
same domain. The notices all indicated the addresses
had been unsubscribed from a specific Mailman list. I
don't know what initiated the action, and these same
addresses are still subscribed to other, less-
frequently used lists.

I sent emails directly to the three addresses to
notify them of the issue, and I got back a response
from their email server as follows (actual email
addresses omitted or replaced for privacy reasons):