[ mailman-Bugs-1394914 ] Unable to set default header filter (new style)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 1 19:48:39 CET 2006

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1394914&group_id=103

Category: security/privacy
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
As I am working on setting up a multilist/multidomain
setup using
Mailman 2.1.6, I encountered the need that I wanted to
be able to set the
default header filter rules so that the lists I create
will all have the same
basic rule (since we concluded we want one as default).
It proved to be a
fairly small hack, so I thought I contribute it to you.

diff MailList.py.orig MailList.py
342c342,343
<         self.header_filter_rules = []
---
>         self.header_filter_rules = \
>               mm_cfg.DEFAULT_HEADER_FILTER_RULES

diff Defaults.py.orig Defaults.py
908a909,918
> # New style SPAM Privacy header filtering
> # Mailman can match the patterns of header content
and decide upon different
> # actions (Defer, Hold, Reject Discard and Accept).
These properties is
> # configured per list, and here can the list default
be set.
> # A list of rules where each entry contains the
matching string, the action
> # code and an empty flag (set False).
> # Example (discard mails marked by SpamAssassin):
> #DEFAULT_HEADER_FILTER_RULES = [('X-Spam-Status:
Yes', DISCARD, False)]
> DEFAULT_HEADER_FILTER_RULES = []

OK, it certainly could be cleaned up in the aspect of
comments/documentation,
but it should be the trivia part for you guys. It has
been tested to work.