[ mailman-Bugs-1395683 ] UnicodeError running arch

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 3 18:28:48 CET 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1395683&group_id=103

Category: command line scripts
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I just deployed the latest release (2.1.7 stable) and
decided to rebuild an archive. I'm getting the
following error trace caused by it hitting high-order
byte characters. These were not a problem when I first
built the archive from 2.1.6 so something may have changed.

Pickling archive state into
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/basfa/pipermail.pck
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/arch", line 200, in ?
    main()
  File "bin/arch", line 188, in main
    archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, start, end)
  File
"/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py",
line 585, in processUnixMailbox
    self.add_article(a)
  File
"/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py",
line 626, in add_article
    filename))
  File
"/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py",
line 1116, in write_article
    f.write(article.as_text())
  File
"/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py",
line 579, in as_text
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/sre.py", line 143, in sub
    return _compile(pattern, 0).sub(repl, string, count)
UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in
range(128)