[ mailman-Feature Requests-1182014 ] forum like interface to mailman

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 26 12:37:43 CET 2006

Feature Requests item #1182014, was opened at 2005-04-12 22:40
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mapopa

Initial Comment:
one long term item would be creating an forum like
interface for
archives / mail
The idea came to me after some users on mono list
requested a forum for mono

the basic forum interface (there are many others)

Date: 2006-01-26 02:37

Logged In: YES

Arioch /BDV/ wrote to me an email

"I do not have my SF's password here, so i cannot comment
ont bug-tracker yet.

Can i ask You to add the following links tou You feature
request ?

1) www.FudForum.org - PHP-based WWW-forum, who claims of a
feature to be a front-end for nntp and maillist's

2) http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.discuss/7911
This is my long-standing dream, it was even registered on
SourceForge's bug-tracker.
Alas, later removed.
Perhaps this can be achived using "external membership
sources", but other from root page of mailman.sf.net i could
not find any reference|description what it is.
If it ws implemented, i guess Mailman, Sourceforge and Gmane
were in benefit all  :) "

Comment By: mariuz (mapopa)
Date: 2005-08-30 00:24

Logged In: YES

On ubuntuforums.org  they have two way between mailman and

Here is the example

Comment By: Fred H Olson (fholson)
Date: 2005-08-24 00:57

Logged In: YES

There is an open source development project similar to this:

GroupServer is a GPL open source collaboration server. It
supports many-to-many interaction in groups and communities
via email and an integrated web forum interface.

See http://groupserver.org/

How much do mailman and groupserver developers communicate?
Has collaboration of some sort been considered?

Fred Olson http://justcomm.org