[ mailman-Patches-1415961 ] List bandwidth monitor

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 27 04:41:42 CET 2006

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1415961&group_id=103

Category: command line scripts

Initial Comment:
I needed a way to monitor the bandwidth usage for a
specific list that I administer. Since there is no way
in mailman to do this, I wrote a Python script to parse
the POST log and take the size of the posts to a
specific list and then multiply that by the number of
active subscribers at the time this script was run.

This gets the "stats" from the day before the script is
run.

These stats are only approximates, since digest users
are counted as receiving the mail on the day that it
was sent, even though it may not have.

There are some constants at the top of the file that
you will need to modify to uit your installation.