[ mailman-Feature Requests-1469343 ] Per-user Reply-To mungling for sent mails

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 10 02:27:25 CEST 2006

Feature Requests item #1469343, was opened at 2006-04-12 08:16
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1469343&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This feature request isn't the same as the existing
ones about per-user reply-to mungling (eg. 788314).

I like the ability for users to be able to select if
they want to get both private and list replies (highly
useful in big traffic lists) or only list replies (if
you're going to read all the mails in the list anyway).

Now this is already possible assuming that everyone
hits Reply-to-all, which I think is what most people
do. However for those who want only the list replies,
they need to set "Reply-To: list" header for their own
mails. This is impossible or difficult to configure to
be automatic in most email clients.

So, a user-specific option to specify if the Reply-To
header should be added to mails the user himself sends
would be nice.