[ mailman-Bugs-1504204 ] re-confirm memberships

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 11 05:45:46 CEST 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1504204&group_id=103

Category: bounce detection
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have a suspicion that some of my lists' mails are
not getting to
their destinations. This could be that some people
used their job email and
no longer work there, could be that they are on AOL
or hotmail (which seem
to just silently discard), or could be just people
that joined up and now
'junk mail or filter' the list because they're either
to stupid or lazy to
properly unsubscribe.

Bottom line is that I'm paying per emails sent (via
my quota on DynDNS) and
I want to unsubscribe these dead members.

It would be great if I could push a button in the web
GUI (or run some
command on the CLI) and mailman would reset every
members status to
'unconfirmed' (or whatever it is), mail them a link
to click (with some
crazy code in it like when you join a list), and then
mark the responders as
'confirmed'.

Then after some period of time, say a week or so, I
could then go into the
GUI, click some link and see a list of
all 'unconfirmed' people with the
option to unsubscribe them all (without sending an
email obviously, since
the address is bogus).

Extra points if I can schedule this task to occur
every month, every six
months, once a year, etc... (probably some 'day'
interval would be
sufficient here).