[ mailman-Bugs-1442639 ] attachments archived even when archiving disabled

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 3 19:45:23 CET 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1442639&group_id=103

Category: Pipermail
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I just noticed disappearing disk space under /var on
my Debian system running mailman 2.1.7... :-)

Investigation reveals lots of space tied up
under /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/<list>/attachm
ents/<yyyymmdd>/<blah> -- it appears that any message
containing an attachment causes the attachment to be
stashed here in the archive tree, even when archiving
is disabled (and nothing else in the archives tree is
getting updated).

I do not believe it is correct behavior for
attachments to be saved in these circumstances.

Thanks,

  Scott Bailey
  scott.bailey at eds.com