[ mailman-Bugs-1446859 ] Posters set to Mod, incorrectly Rejected should be Held

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 10 01:45:56 CET 2006

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1446859&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery

Initial Comment:
Mailman 2.1.6(slightly hacked)
SunOS xxx 5.8
Sendmail

I've setup a group nis_mailman_test.

1- Privacy options/Sender filters/Action to take when a
moderated member posts to the list is set to Hold.

2- <same>/By default, should new list member postings
be moderated is set to No

3- I've added my members via a script that calls
add_members with the options "-w n -a n".

4- So after adding the members, all members can post.

5- Change this by going into Membership
Management/Additional Member tasks/Set everyones
moderation... set to On.

> To review, before step 5, the mod column for all
members "mod" was unchecked.  (At that point anyone
could post without admin/moderator assistance.)  After
step 5 the mod column for all members is checked.

6- Checking the Privacy options/Sender filters/Action
to take when a moderated member posts to the list we
find that it is set to Hold

7- Also checking I thought there was a "should I tell
the user that their email is being held?" and if I
remember correctly this is set to Yes.

> so at this point if a member sends a post they SHOULD
get an email saying "I've held your email until the
moderator approves it".

> unfortunately at this point the member gets an email
stating: "The e-mail account does not exist at the
organization this message was sent to.  Check the
e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to
find out the correct address."

ok so lets try something different

1- delete all users
2- change the Membership Management/Additional Member
tasks/Set everyones moderation from No to On
3- Add all of the users
4- attempt a post from a user
> this produces the correct behavior, an email is sent
to the member stating "hey Im holding this until
approved" AND the moderator gets an email "do you want
to approve this".

So the bug is that changing the users moderation flag
from off to on is NOT the same as subscribing a user
with the "Action to take when a moderated member posts
to the list" set on.

Bill
bsaunder2002 somwhereat <what a cowboy yells, when he
sees a pretty cowgirl(unless it's like Brokeback
mountain but you get the gist)>.com
read that spammers!