[ mailman-Bugs-1461279 ] Filtering content while allowing HTML messages impossible

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 31 03:00:14 CEST 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1461279&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I hope this is a genuine bug. I'll use 2.1.7 in these
examples, though I verified this behavior in 2.1.5
also.

I have a mailing list configured as such:

filter_content = 1
filter_mime_types = ''
pass_mime_types = """multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain
text/html"""
collapse_alternatives = 0
convert_html_to_plaintext = 0
filter_action = 2

And yet all HTML messages are automatically stripped
of HTML, have their attachments removed and are
immediately posted to the list.

The originals are sent as multipart/alternative with
two attachments, one the text/plain rendition of the
message and one the text/html original. It seems to
be okay, user agents can render this message as
intended. All that remains when delivered by Mailman
is the text/plain bit, though.

Shouldn't this list configuration let HTML mails
through? I can't see a reason why Mailman should
remove the HTML silently with these settings.

If filter_content is turned off, sending HTML
messages works.

(I know it's not polite to send HTML messages through
mailing lists, but some of my users insist.)