[ mailman-Bugs-1480232 ] changes in Web Interfaces doesn't take effect

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 2 16:39:28 CEST 2006

Bugs item #1480232, was opened at 2006-05-02 01:10
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting: 

Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread,
including the initial issue submission, for this request,
not just the latest update.
Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 (stable)
Status: Open
Resolution: None
Priority: 5
Submitted By: mlameignere (mlameignere)
Assigned to: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Summary: changes in Web Interfaces doesn't take effect

Initial Comment:
Good morning,

I'm trying to run mailman to manage mailing lists of
mygforge. I'm running it under Red Hat ES4 with package
(rpm ) built for that distribution,
mailman-2.1.5-33.rhel4 with apache Web Server. my vhost
works well, and mailman too. My MTA , postfix , works 
fine too, I can receive e-mails that I have sent to my
mailing lists.

My problems is that the web interface generated by
python scripts. All changes, like subscribing an e-mail
adress or approve pending e-mails are not executed or
written in configurations files.

Cookies in my web browser are enabled, and
authentication (admin user) works. I think that
permissions on configuration files and binaries are
good because I didn't change it. But all changes in the
Web interface are not applied. Logs files (htttpd and
mailman) are empty of notifications to help me to solve
this problem. I dumped network traffic to see if
requests coming out of the changed form, mention the
new values of variables. And every thing works fine in
that part.
Can you help me to solve my problems, because if people
can't submity their e-mail , or moderator approve
pending e-mail, my project can't be used.



>Comment By: Mark Sapiro (msapiro)
Date: 2006-05-02 07:39

Logged In: YES 

See Mailman FAQ entry 4.45 at


Comment By: mlameignere (mlameignere)
Date: 2006-05-02 04:43

Logged In: YES 

I finally found how to solve the problem. My primary vhost
in httpd enable HTTPs. But mailman configuration was made
with HTTP urls. My RewriteRule in httpd.conf translate HTTP
url in HTTPS . So I could'nt see that pointed URL in Mailman
was in http, and mailman did'nt understood https rewriting url.

The solution is to add this line in mm_cfg.py :

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

and to change lists url in lists configuration files: 

./withlist -l -r fix_url test-list -u new.host.here


You can respond by visiting: 

More information about the Mailman-coders mailing list