[ mailman-Feature Requests-1495305 ] re-confirm memberships

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri May 26 06:00:21 CEST 2006

Feature Requests item #1495305, was opened at 2006-05-25 21:00
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1495305&group_id=103

Initial Comment:
I have a suspicion that some of my lists' mails are
not getting to their destinations. This could be that
some people used their job email and no longer work
there, could be that they are on AOL or hotmail
(which seem to just silently discard), or could be
just people that joined up and now 'junk mail or
filter' the list because they're either to stupid or
lazy to properly unsubscribe.

Bottom line is that I'm paying per emails sent (via
my quota on DynDNS) and I want to unsubscribe these
dead members.

It would be great if I could push a button in the web
GUI (or run some command on the CLI) and mailman
would reset every members status to 'unconfirmed' (or
whatever it is), mail them a link to click (with some
crazy code in it like when you join a list), and then
mark the responders as 'confirmed'.

Then after some period of time, say a week or so, I
could then go into the GUI, click some link and see a
list of all 'unconfirmed' people with the option to
unsubscribe them all (without sending an email
obviously, since the address is bogus).

Extra points if I can schedule this task to occur
every month, every six months, once a year, etc...
(probably some 'day' interval would be sufficient
here).

ÐÆ5ÏÐ