[ mailman-Patches-646989 ] NAH6 Secure List patch: GPG plugin

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 13 03:06:23 CEST 2006

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by s0undt3ch
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=646989&group_id=103

Category: list administration
Group: Mailman 2.2 / 3.0

Initial Comment:
"NAH6 Secure List" is a patch for Mailman 2.1b5 that
adds GPG functionality. It is built around a key-scheme
that allows an admin to create an encrypted list for
which even the server operator doesn't have access to
the messages.

Only the public key for the list is given to the server, so
it can perform 'emergency encryption' in case someone
forgets, and all users get the public and private key for
the list.

We think we've done a decent job of describing the new
functionality from server-operator, list-admin and list-
member points of view. There's also a technical
document for those familiar with the Mailman code.
Please have a look at:

http://www.nah6.com/products/secure-list/

and follow the links from there

We feel more people need this, and we'd really like it to
be part of the Mailman distribution at some point...

Kind Regards,

Rop Gonggrijp
Joshua Eichen

Please forgive mangling the Mailman logo on the site: if
y'all don't like it or think it's over the top we'll use
something else....

Comment By: Pedro Algarvio (s0undt3ch)