[ mailman-Bugs-1556617 ] Changing content filtering settings produces no changes

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 20 07:58:22 CEST 2006

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by gtg944q
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1556617&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I am running a highly moderated closed list, and I
need my users to be able to send HTML mail and
attachments back and forth.

I've tried changing the settings under the 'Content
filtering' section, but changing them seems to have
no effect whatsoever.

Here are my current settings:
filter_content = no
filter_mime_types = [empty]
pass_mime_types = [empty]
filter_filename_extensions = [empty]
pass_filename_extensions = [empty]
collapse_alternatives = yes
convert_html_to_plaintext = no
filter_action = preserve

I've tried all sorts of different combinations based
on different 'solutions' that I found on the web, but
none have worked.  The attachment in my test message
that keeps being removed is a V-card file (.vcf);
I've tried adding 'vcf' to pass_filename_extensions,
but still, the attachment is stripped.

Please help!!!  Let me know what config files you
need to see and I'll get back to you within hours.

Thanks,

Justin Harper
justin.harper at gatech.edu

Comment By: Mark Sapiro (msapiro)