[ mailman-Patches-1567408 ] Admin address over quota causes bounce loop

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 29 03:30:05 CEST 2006

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1567408&group_id=103

Category: bounce processing
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:

Hi,

I'm not the administrator of the Mailman instance,
just the poor sysadmin of a mail service who was
woken in the middle of the night by our MX servers
being severely overloaded by a mail loop.

One of our users hit their quota in Cyrus and hence
their mail was bouncing.  This user is the admin for
a Mailman list, and the list has been configured to
forward all bounces to the admin.

The message was: