[ mailman-Bugs-1660666 ] syntax error in CheckFixUid.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 15 19:52:59 CET 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1660666&group_id=103

Category: command line scripts
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
bin/CheckFixUid.py is created by bin/check_perms_grsecurity.py. It has a syntax error that keeps mailman from starting up.

Reproducable: always

Steps to reproduce:
1. run bin/check_perms_grsecurity.py -f
2. run bin/mailmanctl start

The error:
NameError: name 'uid' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 80, in ?
    import CheckFixUid
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/CheckFixUid.py", line 6, in ?
    class CheckFixUid:
  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/CheckFixUid.py", line 12, in CheckFixUid
    if os.geteuid() != uid:

A proposed fix is attached.