[ mailman-Bugs-1628753 ] Outbound messages have domain fubar'd

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 12 14:33:23 CET 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by wshs
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1628753&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
This is using a port install of mailman in FreeBSD, with version 2.1.9_1. When sending messages to users, either triggered by the web interface, or a message from a user to a mailman controlled email address, while using qmail with the included qmail-to-mailman script, the following errors litter my logs:

2007-01-05 07:53:25.924843500 info msg 5348160: bytes 1233 from <sirv-bounces at lists.delinked.us> qp 98922 uid 89
2007-01-05 07:53:25.961231500 starting delivery 17: msg 5348160 to remote munged at gmail.comyes

Note the 'gmail.comyes'.
A 'yes' is appended to every outbound message's target domain, thus making delivery impossible.

I spent a few days thinking it was something I messed up, so I went through my entire system setup checking everything that could influence mail. I then discovered the problem is specific to mailman. Not sure what info I can provide to help, but I'd be willing to supply upon request. I am using FreeBSD 5.5, Python 2.5.