[ mailman-Bugs-645906 ] User supplied HTML with % kills index.ht

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 15 14:48:39 CET 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by zuse
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=645906&group_id=103

Category: Pipermail
Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
Mailman 2.1b5. Edit archtoc.html or listinfo.html,
include table with phrase width=100% and find
that the list's archive overall index.html page is
unformed (present but the various MM items
are left as bare %(foobar)s style).
 After wasting a whole day on this the problem
boils down to that percent sign in user-supplied
HTML. It kills the high level index.html file. We
don''t know about this until a full list archive
operation is performed,  because at the end
the code creates the new index.html from
the template files. Ugh.
  Likely some parser deep in the system is
overreacting to the percent symbol. Needs
fixing.

Comment By: Holger Jeromin (zuse)