[ mailman-Feature Requests-1726694 ] Need to limit repeated subscribes from bot

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 28 05:27:16 CEST 2007

Feature Requests item #1726694, was opened at 2007-05-27 20:27
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1726694&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It's happened, some kiddie with a bot/script has decided it would be fun to attack hir favorite target by sending hundreds of subscribe messages to our mailman server.  Each one causes a confirmation email to be sent to the victim.  Needless to say, they are not pleased, and consider our repeated automatic confirmation emails to be spam.

Mailman should keep track of the number of subscribe requests for an email address and ignore any past a configurable number within some configurable period of time.  For example, up to 2 within 24 hours is OK but beyond that is silently ignored.

This could be related to other feature requests to limit the number of subscribe requests from a single source IP.

Is this already available and I just can't find it?