[ mailman-Bugs-1829061 ] Email subscribe interface and QP encoding

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 9 17:05:55 CET 2007

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1829061&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
If I send an email from Outlook to the listname-request address with this line:

subscribe address=test2 at ornl.gov

I get back the following result:

Your authorization is required for a mailing list subscription request
approval:

    For:  3Dtest2 at ornl.gov

Notice the "3D" in front of the original address.  It looks like Mailman isn't decoding the quoted-printable encoding before parsing the message body.

(Note: when I sent the message from Outlook, I forced it to "plain text")