[ mailman-Patches-1776178 ] Use inotify instead of polling in Runner.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 20 10:47:27 CEST 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tsmetana
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1776178&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: Mailman 2.2 / 3.0

Initial Comment:
Hi,
  the Mailman wakes up 7 times per second which is somehow resource unfriendly.  This is caused by qrunners that poll for new files in queue directory.  The proposed patch replaces polling in Runner.py with inotify which enables CPU to idle when possible.

The patch requires python-inotify (http://pyinotify.sourceforge.net) to be installed.
--ts