[ mailman-Patches-1803606 ] FORGED_MUA_THEBAT_CS: The Bat! and Spamassassin

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 27 16:02:54 CEST 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by julianladisch
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=1803606&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: Mailman 2.2 / 3.0

Initial Comment:
The mail user agent "The Bat!" creates header lines like this if there is some non-ascii character like a umlaut (ä):

"The Bat!" never puts quotes around the charset.  Mailman's Decorate.py changes this to:

Spamassassin has a spam detection rule that triggeres if X-Mailer contains "The Bat!" and there are quotes around the charset. The rule is named FORGED_MUA_THEBAT_CS and is located in rules/20_ratware.cf
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/tags/spamassassin_release_3_2_3/rules/20_ratware.cf

My patch renames X-Mailer to X-X-Mailer.  That prevents triggering the rule without information loss.

I've tested the patch that applies to 2.1.7 and it works for me.  I havn't tested the patch for trunk (8228).