[ mailman-Bugs-1418670 ] Problems with lists named like languages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 27 23:13:06 CEST 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1418670&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
"update" has fatal problems with lists named like a
language. Create some lists named "it" (Italian) or
"de" (German) an update will crash:

Updating mailing list: de
Updating the held requests database.
- updating old private mbox file
    looks like you have a really recent CVS
installation...
    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran
me
- updating old public mbox file
    looks like you have a really recent CVS
installation...
    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran
me
- This list looks like it might have <= b4 list
templates around
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/update", line 789, in ?
    errors = main()
  File "bin/update", line 679, in main
    errors = errors + dolist(listname)
  File "bin/update", line 357, in dolist
    os.rename(o_tmpl, n_tmpl)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
make: *** [update] Error 1

(Btw: update crashs if there`s no pending.pck. That
should not happen!)