[ mailman-Bugs-2039241 ] teach firefox that different lists may have different passwo

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 5 21:55:32 CEST 2008

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=2039241&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI

Initial Comment:
given two lists on a mailman instance, foo and bar, each with a list passsword the same as the name. login to one, save the password in firefox, go to the other's admindb and it will fail - wrong password. login and ask firefox to remember it and it resets the password saved for the list foo.

This is annoying :) I suspect you are using the same field and form names - while I don't know what the heuristic ff uses for html auth field detection, its certainly assuming its the *same* password.

One hack that might be elegant and work would be a hidden field called username set to the list name :)

Another would be just changing things to ff thinks its a different password and stores it differently.

I'd *really* love a fix that can be backported to 2.1.8 which our list servers are running.