[ mailman-Feature Requests-1885403 ] Mailman should digestify bounce notifications

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 3 01:06:36 CET 2008

Feature Requests item #1885403, was opened at 2008-02-02 15:20
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jimpop
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1885403&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Nobody just sits on the edge of their chair waiting to be biffed that a bounce message is waiting for them.  I for one have my mailer set up to collect those in a
virtual folder so I can deal all such at once.  Digestification by default won't hurt I believe.

OTOH, there are reports that when mailing list is moved or a large number of new addresses are added, thousands of bounce notices may be generated.  In such cases digestification is almost necessary.

Comment By: Jim Popovitch (jimpop)