[ mailman-Feature Requests-1104433 ] Configurable per-user/per-subscription subject prefix

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 20 01:03:11 CET 2008

Feature Requests item #1104433, was opened at 2005-01-18 04:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by scratchmonkey
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1104433&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I've had a request from a list member who would like us
to add a subject prefix to all the lists on our server
(mail.gnome.org), as his mail client can't do any kind
of automatic filtering. We are obviously reluctant to
change the status quo, as many people (e.g. PDA/mobile
users) would then respond asking us to remove them.

Instead, I decided to file this feature request to make
it (per-subscription) configurable. It would have one
of three possible values; use the default list setting,
override on or override off. This would allow users to
please themselves, and in some cases overcome problems
caused by limitations in their mailclient.

Comment By: Kenneth Porter (scratchmonkey)