[ mailman-Bugs-1867279 ] Approved header password worries

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 9 00:20:52 CET 2008

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1867279&group_id=103

Category: documentation

Initial Comment:
[Entering my bug into the tiny window might have folded the lines. Good thing I now have ADSL, as you don't accept bugs by email.]

At many places one sees

  Messages containing an Approved: header with the list owner password
  are still allowed through

or

  Then, when the message shows up in your mailbox, make your edits and
  resend the message to the list, including an Approved: header with the
  list password as its value.

or

  Which promptly gets sent to the list, one then thinks. List password
  or moderator password or both etc.

or more in templates/* etc.

The user thinks "oh great, the software intends so ever nonchalantly
to send the master password in all four directions."

Therefore remember to assure the user each time you broach the issue,
that the password will be replaced by <what?> and he can be rest
assured, etc.