[ mailman-Bugs-1878088 ] UNsubscribe NON-subscribers?!

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 24 01:28:38 CET 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jidanni
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1878088&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing

Initial Comment:
>From the "Members list: member options login page", one can enter the
name of some NON-subscriber, and click UNsubscribe, and see "The
confirmation email has been sent."

Now as to mail actually being sent, maybe it isn't, thank goodness,
I'm not sure. but at least don't say "The confirmation email has been
sent."

Date: 2008-01-24 08:28

Originator: YES

OK, but I would then always say "The confirmation email has been
sent, if the address was a member." or something that is not
....lying.... because you will just get never ending bug reports.

It is very easy to choose wording that does not lie and still states
the facts that you are intentionally not revealing all the actions.

Comment By: Mark Sapiro (msapiro)
Date: 2008-01-24 05:56

Originator: NO

This is an intentional feature to prevent probing for membership on a list
with private rosters.