[ mailman-Bugs-1906368 ] newlist: preferred_language not put into available_languages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 3 18:48:00 CET 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by msapiro
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=1906368&group_id=103

Category: command line scripts
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
When I run newlist with -l pl, then preferred_language does get set to 'pl', but available_languages is set to just ['en'].

This causes two problems for me:
 - editing the default language on the language properties page gets tricky (you need to apply the settings twice, going through a page in english).
 - the installation scripts logic in the debian package reads available_languages to find out which language message files to install. Not having the preferred language in the available list means I will have to jump through some extra tricky hoops to get it working properly.

Also, the comment in the config file does say that the default language should be in the available languages list, so I guess some assumptions are made in other parts of the codebase, which will cause undesired behavior.

I guess the best way to fix this is to create a proper mutator method which will contain some logic to also update the available_languages property if need be.