[Merge] lp:~stephen-xemacs/mailman/sprint-2012-overview into lp:mailman

Stephen Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Mar 14 23:46:20 CET 2012

Stephen Turnbull has proposed merging lp:~stephen-xemacs/mailman/sprint-2012-overview into lp:mailman.

Requested reviews:
  Mailman Coders (mailman-coders)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~stephen-xemacs/mailman/sprint-2012-overview/+merge/97533

Andrea Crotti's work making python setup.py build_sphinx work, plus my "Overview" document.
This branch contains and supersedes lp:~andrea-crotti-o/mailman/conf_py.

To build the docs on my Mac OS X/Macports system I used

$ python2.6 bootstrap.py      # get python 2.6 from MacPorts
$ bin/buildout
$ python2.6 setup.py build_sphinx

The output ends up in src/mailman/docs/build/sphinx/html/README.html.  No promises for
other platforms. :-p

New files in src/mailman/docs:
  8-miles-high.rst    # ReST file containing notes from Mailman sprint at PyCon 2012
  chains.png          # used by 8-miles-high:
  pipeline.png        #   from Barry Warsaw's Mailman presentation
  msg-flow.png        # replaced by in-line graphviz code (will be removed)
Other changes to (1) fix build, and (2) integrate 8-miles-high into README.rst.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~stephen-xemacs/mailman/sprint-2012-overview/+merge/97533
Your team Mailman Coders is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~stephen-xemacs/mailman/sprint-2012-overview into lp:mailman.