[Bug 1074374] [NEW] REST API: Problems with addresses and memberships after deleting a user.
1074374 at bugs.launchpad.net
Fri Nov 2 15:20:00 CET 2012
Public bug reported:
I ran into some trouble after deleting a user account via the rest API.
Apparently the user's address records were kept, which lead to two
- Memberships cannot be retrieved via rest any more.
- The deleted user cannot be created again using any of their previous addresses.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a user through the REST API
2) Delete that user through the REST API
3) Repeat step 1) (possibly because a person wants to register again after leaving)
=> 500 status code is returned through the REST -- ExistingAddressError is raised.
4) Access /3.0/addresses
=> Result still contains the email address used in 1).
5) Access /3.0/members
=> 500 status code is returned
As a workaround, I tried to delete all the user's addresses through the
API, but doing that returned 405 (Method not allowed).
Wouldn't it be best to delete all address/membership records from the db
when a user record is deleted?
** Affects: mailman
Assignee: Barry Warsaw (barry)
** Tags: mailman3 rest-api
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mailman
Coders, which is subscribed to GNU Mailman.
REST API: Problems with addresses and memberships after deleting a
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Mailman-coders