[Question #256265]: How do I make a list that Members can't Respond-All to?

Manfred Hampl question256265 at answers.launchpad.net
Tue Oct 28 12:31:48 CET 2014

Question #256265 on mailman in Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mailman/+question/256265

Manfred Hampl proposed the following answer:
I have no experience with mailman, but I think this should be valid for
all mail systems:

If you put the group address into the "bcc:" field, every member in that
list should receive the mail, but should not see the names of the other
recipients, and should not see the name of the address list. So "respond
to all" for them does not send mails to everyone.

Depending on the mail system, you might have to put one name (your own
one?) into the "to:" field, to meet a potential check that the "to:"
field must not be empty.

Mailman Coders, which is an answer contact for mailman in Ubuntu.