[Mailman-developers] suggestion

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:03:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Scott wrote:

> i would like to suggest two things about the confirmation step in
> subscriptions.  first, that it be an option for email based
> subscriptions, and second, that	just hitting reply and copying in the
> confirmation message (with or without regular email quotations) be
> made to work.

Both sound good to me, with one reservation.

It's all too common for people to lazily cite an entire message when
they're responding to it, so their response may be, "No don't subscribe
me", followed by a citation of the entire subscription-confirmation
request. That sort of thing would have to be recognized, particularly
since we want to strenuously avoid having a subscription refusal lead to
subscription...

> if there's a consensus on this, i'd be willing to make the necessary
> changes.

Cool.

Ken